DATE OF APPOINTMENT
LENGTH OF TENURE AS DIRECTOR
MEMBERSHIP OF BOARD COMMITTEES
- Chairman of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee.
- Member of the Board Investment Review Committee.
- Member of the Tender Board Committee.
- Member of the Sustainability Board Committee.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours, University Malaya.
- MPhil. in Land Management, University of Reading, UK.
MEMBERSHIP OF ASSOCIATIONS
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Project Management, Strategic Planning and Business Strategy, Human Capital
- EP Manufacturing Bhd
- MB World Group Berhad
WORKING EXPERIENCE AND CURRENT ENGAGEMENTS
Dato’ Ikmal began his career in the Administrative and Diplomatic Service of the Government of Malaysia in 1976. In late 1991, he left the government
service and joined United Engineers (M) Berhad as General Manager of the Malaysia Singapore Second Crossing project.
In 1993, he became the Chief Operating Officer of Projek Lebuhraya Utara- Selatan Berhad (“PLUS“) and in 1995 he was promoted as the company’s Managing Director.
In 1999, he was then appointed as the Managing Director of Prolink Development Sdn Bhd (“Prolink“) and concurrently assumed the position of President for the Property Division of the Group. He was subsequently appointed as Managing Director of Renong Berhad from 2002 until 2003.
In November 2003, Dato’ Ikmal was seconded to Pos Malaysia Berhad as the Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director as well as the Group Managing Director of Pos Malaysia and Services Holdings Berhad. In November 2007, he was appointed as Chief Executive of Iskandar Regional Development Authority (“IRDA“) until February 2009. He then became the Chairman of Faber Group Berhad from 1 March 2009 until June 2014. During the said period he was also appointed as Independent Non-Executive Director of UEM Land Berhad.
INTEREST IN SECURITIES OF THE COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (as at 20 April 2020)
NUMBER OF BOARD MEETINGS ATTENDED IN THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2019
- 10 out of 10 Board meetings held