YBHG DATO’ IDRIS BIN MD TAHIR, DIMP
Independent Non-Executive Director
DATE OF APPOINTMENT
LENGTH OF TENURE AS DIRECTOR
MEMBERSHIP OF BOARD COMMITTEES
- Chairman of Board Audit Committee.
- Member of Nomination and Remuneration Committee.
- Member of Tender Board Committee.
- MGraduated from The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (“CIMA“), UK and subsequently admitted to fellowship in 1995.
MEMBERSHIP OF ASSOCIATIONS
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Accounting, Audit, Financial Reporting
- Syarikat Pengeluar Air Selangor Berhad
WORKING EXPERIENCE AND CURRENT ENGAGEMENTS
Dato’ Idris bin Md Tahir started his career with Bank Negara Malaysia (Central Bank of Malaysia) as an Executive Officer of the Investment Department from 1978 until 1983, before joining Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad (“BIMB“) as one of the pioneers of the group in establishing the first Islamic Bank in Malaysia. In his 29 years of service with BIMB Group of Companies, he held various senior managerial posts and was also the Chief Internal Auditor where he was involved in various Islamic Financial activities which included Islamic banking, Takaful (Islamic Insurance), Ijarah (Islamic Leasing), Wakallah (Islamic Nominees), Islamic Asset Management and Islamic Stockbroking. His last post was as Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer of BIMB Securities Sdn Bhd, an Islamic stockbroking
company, before his retirement in 2012.
INTEREST IN SECURITIES OF THE COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (as at 20 April 2020)
NUMBER OF BOARD MEETINGS ATTENDED IN THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2019
- 10 out of 10 Board meetings held