DATE OF APPOINTMENT
LENGTH OF TENURE AS DIRECTOR
MEMBERSHIP OF BOARD COMMITTEES
- Chairman of the Board Risk and Compliance Committee.
- Member of the Board Audit Committee.
- Member of the Board Investment Review
- Executive Education Programme from University of Oxford, Said Business School.
- Masters in Law from Harvard Law School, USA.
- Bachelor of Laws from International Islamic University, Malaysia.
MEMBERSHIP OF ASSOCIATIONS
- Registered Attorney, New York State Bar
- Member, Institute of Corporate Directors Malaysia
- Affiliate Member, Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Corporate Finance and Banking, Legal and Compliance
WORKING EXPERIENCE AND CURRENT ENGAGEMENTS
Leon Koay has more than 23 years of experience in law, banking, corporate & structured finance, and treasury & markets. He has won multiple industry awards over the years for innovative structures and landmark transactions in Malaysia and the region. He was admitted to the Malaysian Bar and the New York State Bar, and practised law in Kuala Lumpur, before entering the banking sector in 2002 with Standard Chartered Bank. He served in various roles with Standard Chartered and was based in Singapore between 2005 and 2011, covering different parts of the Asian region including North / North East Asia, South East Asia and India for corporate/structured finance. He returned to Malaysia in 2011 as Managing Director & Head, Financial Markets, and Co-Head, Wholesale Banking (for conventional & Islamic businesses) for Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad. He served on the Main Committee of the Financial Markets Association of Malaysia (2012-2015), the Capital Markets Committee of the Association of Banks Malaysia (2012-2015) and the Bank Negara Malaysia Heads of Treasury Forum (2011-2015).
Leon is currently Managing Director of Bangsawan Group, which provides corporate, M&A, financial and strategic consulting in Singapore and Malaysia. Leon also currently serves as a consultant to a Malaysian regulatory organisation, is a company mentor in the Malaysian start-up ecosystem, and an advisor/working partner for a Singapore-based P2P lending & financial solutions platform.
INTEREST IN SECURITIES OF THE COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (as at 20 April 2020)
NUMBER OF BOARD MEETINGS ATTENDED IN THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2019
- 10 out of 10 Board meetings held